Founded in 1968, The Conservancy Association is the non-government environmental organisation with the longest history in Hong Kong. As a champion of sustainable development, they are dedicated to the protection of the environment and the conservation of natural and cultural heritage.
Since the establishment of the Association, they have been devoted to monitoring government environmental policies and promoting environmental education. Major works include:
1. being a constructive pressure group monitoring government policies on environmental protection and facilitating the formulation of environmental policies;
2. being a supporter and facilitator to other community groups or organizations in the planning and organizing activities to promote environmental protection. Advice and information will be provided; and
3. organizing various kinds of environmental activities to promote environmental protection.
Their Mission: To enhance the quality of life of both this and future generations, and to ensure that Hong Kong shoulders her regional and global environmental responsibilities. The Conservancy Association achieves this by advocating appropriate policies, monitoring government action, promoting environmental education and taking a lead in community participation.
Volunteering: The Conservancy Association organizes various activities each month and we need volunteers to help us out. Positions include:
– Clerical work (e.g. drafting letters/circulars)
– Fund raising(e.g. flag/raffle selling)
– Green activities (planning/organizing/operating)
– I.T. support(e.g. data processing)
– Recruit more volunteer(especially for big functions)
– Art work(e.g. web page/poster design)
For more information, please visit their website.