A little over a month before Christmas, spare a thought for the various charities in Hong Kong, who still need to achieve their fundraising goals for the year. Here’s a great way to look at three and make a donation.
Please join the fourth installment of 10×10 Hong Kong in support of 3 young and unique grassroots charities!
If you would like to attend the event, please buy a ticket by clicking on the PLEDGE NOW button by following this link and selecting the amount of your pledge (minimum $1,000 pledge required for an event ticket, options up to $3,000 also available). If you want to purchase multiple event tickets, please just select the Pledge amount per ticket). Your Pledge purchase is converted to Charity dollars on the night, and it is 100% tax deductible.
If you are unable to attend on the night but would still like to support the event, you may still make a pledge to the charities by entering an amount of your choice.
“To Empower the Next Generation of Giving”
HOW DOES IT WORK?
– 10 volunteer committee members organise a charity event (1 x venue, 3 x charities, 3 x dragons, drinks & canapes).
– Each committee member invites at least 10 of their friends, family and colleagues to attend the event (10 x 10… get it?). Each guest pledges HK$1,000 or more to attend the event, creating a pool of at least HK$100,000.
– Upon arrival at the event, each attendee is given ‘Charity Dollars’ equal to the value of their ‘Pledge’.
– After drinks, snacks and networking, attendees are seated to watch the 3 charities pitch their unique cause, and listen to the panel of Dragons question the speakers on their business model, impact and future goals. The audience also have an opportunity to ask questions of the charities.
– After the pitches and friendly interrogation from the Dragons, each attendee then decides which charity they want to give their ‘Charity Dollars’ to.
– Charities receive 100% of the funds raised (minus a 10% project fee to 10×10 to cover admin and overhead costs).
– Guests can opt to receive a tax deductible receipt from the charity 4-6 weeks after the event.
For this event the committee members have chosen 3 exceptional charities who will be pitching their unique causes to you on the night:
– Sprouts Foundation
– Rooftop Republic
– The Brightly Project
Your Pledges will be available for collection at the venue on the night of the event. For a HK$1000 pledge, you’ll receive two HK$500 charity vouchers which you can allocate across the charities however you please.
Date: Wednesday, 21 November 2018
Time: Doors open at 6:30pm, pitches will start at 7pm sharp
Place: HKEX Exchange Auditorium (HKEX Connect Hall), 1/F One and two Exchange Square, Central
Price: Minimum $1,000 pledge required for an event ticket, options up to $3,000 also available. If you want to purchase multiple event tickets, please just select the Pledge amount per ticket. Your Pledge purchase is converted to Charity dollars on the night, and it is 100% tax deductible.
NOTE: PAYMENT BY VISA / MASTERCARD ONLY.
About Sprouts Foundation: Sprouts Foundation aims to break the cycle of inter-generational poverty, by providing education programs to some of the lowest-income families in Hong Kong and elsewhere. Our small-group, activity-based classes focus on enhancing children’s self-esteem and their interest in learning, by building skills relevant both to work and life. These include English and IT proficiency, as well as a wide range of professional capabilities including entrepreneurship. Combined with corporate visits and a variety of weekend outings, we help open our students’ eyes to the world and the many opportunities around them, and give them the capacity and confidence to reach out more ambitiously.
About Rooftop Republic: Rooftop Republic Foundation is dedicated to building inclusive communities around urban farming and sustainable living in Hong Kong.
The Foundation works closely with:
(i) local schools to establish farm-based education programmes (projected to impact 1000+ students over the next 3-4 years)
(ii) disenfranchised groups, such as youth and the elderly, encouraging them to participate in the community through urban farming (30+ community programmes projected to impact 1000+ elderly over the next 3-4 years)
(iii) marginalised communities, including persons with special needs, to provide vocational job trainings and job placement in urban farming
Donations from this 10×10 event will go towards:
– rolling out training programmes (2 vocational training programes per year enrolling 30 students per cohort)
– creating a space to bring communities together including people with special needs
– creating urban farms for horticultural therapy
About The Brightly Project: Lulio targets to prevent student suicides by empowering schools and their teachers to feel more confident, capable and knowledgeable in their efforts to proactively support students at risk of suicide.
Donations from this 10×10 event will go towards screening 4,000 students for suicide risk, and to work directly with four schools, who otherwise wouldn’t have been able to afford the services, to:
1. Identify where students are struggling and potential areas of risk
2. Provide data on mental health in their school
3. Based on the data, implement mental health and suicide prevention strategies and actions
4. Create a series of YouTube videos for students to learn more about mental health, how to understand and interpret their own feelings, and to decrease the stigma around asking for help
About 10×10: Back in 2013 in Sydney Australia, 3 passionate and highly successful social entrepreneurs Laurence Marshbaum, Nina Skryzynski and Jenny Newmarch shared a vision that everyone can make a difference by getting involved with philanthropy. They saw that young professionals like themselves wanted to live purpose driven lives and to give back to their local communities. However they lacked the time, knowledge and framework to do so in a way that made a difference.
On the flipside grassroots for purpose organisations (not for profits) found it hard to find financial support and volunteers to sustain their work. Laurence, Jenny and Nina got together 10 friends and organised an event with each friend inviting 10 of their friends and they lined up 3 charities to attend. That night they raised $ 11,000. The night was a success and the concept of 10×10 was born.
10×10 has started a movement worldwide and aims to empower the next generation of giving. 10×10 is successfully building a community of likeminded young individuals who are inspired to come together to support innovative grassroots charities in a fun and engaging way. Their innovative model and technology platform makes the 10×10 concept simple, replicable and low cost.
10×10 committee members love being part of the 10×10 experience with over 94% recommending it to friends – they build new networks and gain skills in leadership and teamwork. More importantly for them their 10×10 experience ignites a passion for philanthropy and this translates to a whole new generation of people giving more from a young age.
For participating charities, 10×10 offers an innovative and fresh way of directly engaging with a young supporter base. Many come away from an event being provided not just with financial help but also with a valuable network of involved professionals who can assist with expertise and connections.