Herb-growing not only brightens a place but our life. Herbs have wide culinary and remedy functions, and it has a key role to play in creating an easy-to-maintain edible landscape for city greening. In this workshop, participants will learn the basic knowledge and technique for growing annual and perennial herbs. The course includes a practical session to enrich the learning experience. The course will be conducted in Cantonese.
* Introduction to herbs that are adaptable to local climate
* Basic skills for herb growing and propagation.
* General use of herbs
* Culinary application of herbs
Group Size: Adult (Maximum of 25 participants)
Date: Sunday, 29 July 2018
Time: 10am – 4:30pm
Place: Green Hub – 11 Wan Tau Kok Lane, Tai Po
Price: $400/person (The fee includes a low carbon vegetarian meal, two pots of herb seedling)
Please refer to Chinese Version (Application Deadline: 21 July 2018)
For further information please call 2996 2838 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Green Hub : The aim of the Green Hub is to transform the Old Tai Po Police Station into an influential landmark for Hong Kong and the region to promote sustainable living and integrated conservation by:
* adopting an integrated approach to conserve the historic and architectural values, the heritage trees, and the egretry of ecological importance;
* serving as a centre for developing, teaching and promoting simple, affordable and meaningful initiatives for ecologically-responsible and low-carbon living; and
* promoting a range of training and educational programmes to help people understand and tackle the most pressing ecological and social concerns of modern life.