InspiringHK Sports Foundation is a young and vibrant charity dedicated to developing underprivileged youth through sports programmes. InspiringHK Sports Foundation was founded in 2012 with a vision of effecting societal change through spreading sportsmanship. The Foundation believes sports has the power to nurture youth in a way that little else does. It is a language that they understand. It also creates hope when they are in times of despair. Their rigorous sports programmes equip youth with values such as confidence, discipline and perseverance, to enable them to overcome challenges that will inevitably appear in their lives.
InspiringHK Sports Foundation takes on teenagers who pass their interview and meet either one of the following criteria:
– Comes from a family that receives the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance;
– Receives the School Textbook Assistance; or
– Lives in poverty and is referred by a registered social worker or an NGO.
InspiringHK Sports Foundation believes that underprivileged youth should have the opportunity to take part in extra-curricular activities. Therefore they have created a 2-year sports programme containing the following:
– 120 hour of sports training
– 30 hours of learning experience activities (e.g. excursions and elderly visits)
– A mentorship programme
How you can help
InspiringHK Sports Foundation is made up of a team of individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds, dedicated to InspiringHK’s mission. They create an environment where ideas are respected, and no one is ever left alone to take on tasks. If you are interested to volunteer for them and inspire young people through sport, please send your CV to email@example.com.
To increase the social mobility of underprivileged youth in Hong Kong.
Instill sportsmanship and charity in and promote equality for local underprivileged teenagers, so as to increase their social mobility.
InspiringHK Sports Foundation carries out their mission through long-term sports training and learning experience programmes.
Great Sporting Experience
– Professional coaches (mostly former/current Hong Kong Team athletes)
– Many opportunities to take part in open competitions
– Free/ subsidised use of sports equipment and training grounds
– 150+ hours of sports training over 2 years
Close Guidance and Care
– Dedicated adult mentors to guide beneficiaries
– Whole-hearted executives to monitor beneficiaries’ progress
– Remedial actions for students with inconsistent behaviour
– 30+ hours of learning experience programmes over 2 years
– Synergy of different sectors to effect change
– Advisors with rich charity management experience
– Ambassadors with a strong sporting image and reputation
Minimal Administrative Cost
– Almost all of executives are volunteers
– Close to 100% use of income on programmes